Archived Learning2.0 Conference Session

Sheryl is now safely back in Virginia from the Shanghai Learning 2.0 conference and has posted a link to the recorded archive of our Elluminate Session. I really do recommend that you listen to it as the other speakers were spot on with their contributions- well worth listening to again.

To listen to an Elluminate session click on the above link and you will need to give permission to open a Java application, it will check for the latest version and automatically load, wait a bit for it to open, it starts a little scratchy and then Clarence Fisher tells us about how he uses Web2.0 tools in his isolated school in Canada, followed by David Jakes, myself and Chris Betcher.

Elluminate Live! - SHERYL NUSSBAUM-BEACH
Uploaded with Skitch!
Clarence talks about how a class can be limited with just one teacher and the need to open the classroom doors so that children can learn from each other and other teachers/experts from around the globe.

This slide shows his representation of how a network of links has developed through blogging. Our class blog would be very similar I think. We learn things from friends and from friends of friends.

Do have a look/listen- you will not be disappointed.

3 thoughts on “Archived Learning2.0 Conference Session

1. Thank you! You were first rate!! I especially liked Chris’ echo of Warlick’s idea that learning is a conversation. I just read that same thought in James Paul Gee. I wonder who first said that. It is so true!
    BTW, how do I post a photograph on classblogmeister?

2. If you have Skitch you can use that- the embed link.

I also use Flickr photos and copy the photo URL and leave a space before and after as it is inserted. That puts a photo re-sized on the right hand side.

Or blog using Flock and drag and drop!!!!

3. Allanah how exciting to be apart of a conference but not actually be there physically! he he Great to have you and Rachel representing N.Z on the Web 2.0 circuit.
    I also noticed that your cluster map has gone crazy and that’s only in 4 weeks!