Tony Ryan’s Keynote

Tony Ryan

Photo by Ewan McIntosh

Tony Ryan‘s keynote had a profound affect on me during the ULearn conference in Auckland and he would be pleased to know that it has resulted in action on my return to school.

Red light thinking- green light thinking- developing resilience and self-worth- the need to de-stress on more of a daily basis. I am getting stronger every day.

I am a good person and I am a good teacher. Say it often enough to overcome the doubt.

I am patiently waiting for ULearn to post a video of his keynote to share! I want to re-listen and re-affirm.

4 thoughts on “Tony Ryan’s Keynote

1. Inspiring Classrooms

The day Ulearn’07 finished, our cluster was really fortunate to have Tony return to the Bay with us and run our Teacher Only day the very next day. “Inspirational Classrooms” had 85 teachers from our area thoroughly inspired and it shows. A great start Term 4! This week I have visited several classrooms and the spin off is not only obvious but infectious.

Thanks to Tony’s generosity I have posted Tony’s presentation, resources, handouts and support material from the day on to our cluster wiki. These can be found at: http://ngatiiroa2007.wikispaces.com/Inspiring+Classrooms

Let’s hope others will be infected too. 🙂

2. Hear Hear! It was a great keynote and it was great to hear someone in education telling us to take care of ourselves. I too am looking forward to watching it again.

3. Tony’s was a fantastic presentation – I also went to his breakout.
    I love the 2 stars and a wish idea and am using it with my 7/8/9yr olds – it’s enabling the kids to make small focussed steps towards goals but also to allow me to see areas of development and focus for certain kids.