“Did You Know, New Zealand”

I am back home now after an excellent few days away at the L@S conference. I have ideas buzzing around in my head and I need to get them posted before they whither.

Simon Evans hosted a workshop entitled, “Did you Know, New Zealand?” focussing on Karl Fisch’s video and we debating what it meant in a NZ context.

[kml_flashembed movie="http://www.youtube.com/v/pMcfrLYDm2U" width="425" height="350" wmode="transparent" /]

Simon used his interactive whiteboard to lead the discussion using DeBono’s hat thinking which was a good way to do it. He recorded the session with our handwritten notes in a slideshare which is best downloaded to read clearly. I was impressed with the technology.

Click here to see and download the presentation.

There was only six of us in the room F2F but more joined us via Skype and with the Cover It Live Blogging Tool. It was a very powerful session I thought on a variety of levels-not only with the way Simon facilitated the discussion, the way we brought in other people via the live blog commenters and Skype but also in the way the people in the room worked together to enhance the presentation.

As you can see from my screen grab it certainly made us keep intensely involved with the number of communication modes- listening, responding, researching, recording, typing, twittering. We really had to concentrate to do all these things at once.

Dock.jpg
Uploaded with plasq‘s Skitch!

Well done Simon. It was a ‘high risk’ session that paid off.

2 thoughts on ““Did You Know, New Zealand”

1. Hey, thanks for being there and adding the Web2.0 dimension. Without you and Amanda it would have been a very different workshop with a very different outcome.

A was delighted with how truely interactive it was. the hour and a half flew by with very naural rhythm to the discussion. I’m looking forward to us looking further at the google doc. And plesently surpised and the number of names I’ve had to add to that list since the presentation.

ps I like your copyright…. very…. (I can’t think of the word right now.)

2. Allanah after going through the slideshow of Simon’s I feel I missed something important. I am sorry I wasn’t there. Even with the your live post I couldn’t make it away from the class :=( BUT hey that’s what this is all about though isn’t it = the kids and their education. Thanks for sharing it :+)