Questionaut

http://www.bbc.co.uk - BBC - KS2 Bitesize - Games - Questionaut
Uploaded with plasq‘s Skitch!

Thanks to Paul Harrington et al for this little quest. Questionaut is a fun quest as it attempts to get your brain to think logically and go exploring! At first play I found it rather frustrating until I realised that there was a rhyme and reason to it all. There are eight levels in the quest and at the end of each level you get asked a variety of science, maths or English questions.

For example in this level you have to put an icicle in the test tube, open the box of matches, open the LPG gas, strike the match, light the burner and turn the gas up to boil the melted icicle which forces steam onto the fan, which lifts the plug hole to let a wee man out to ask the five questions which you have to answer correctly to fill the fuel to get you on to the next challenge.

3 thoughts on “Questionaut

1. Thanks for sharing this. I just had a play and think it is fabulous. My class really like the visuals in Samorost (we used them to help us explore writing descriptive settings) so this will definitely appeal. You’re right about the initial frustration, but it all seems to click once you’ve worked it out. I like that aspect of encouraging you to use logic and problem solving skills. Will definitely be introducing this to my class.
    🙂

2. Jane shared this a week or so ago with our staff and has been a fave ever since. people sitting in the staffroom hooting with laughter as they try and figure out what to do – very engaging and motivating for people not particularly teckie too.
    Greg