Teaching Well

Image

Darren Kuropatwa put together a slideshow of what it means to be Teaching Well. People were invited to add a slide each. My slide idea sort of came from my blog title and the view is across the bay from Nelson’s Rocks Road. Using Google Docs for this kind of collaboration was a new experience for me.

View the whole Google Doc presentation in its full screen glory, it’s rather good.

Last night in the OZ/NZ Flashmeeting Chris Betcher shared how to add collaboratively add geo-locations to forms created in a Google spreadsheet- (40 minutes into the session). Put your locations into a cell and select them, go insert, add a gadget and select map. I tried it after the Flashmeeting all on my own and it works, right down to my street address. Useful stuff you could use in all sorts of ways. Thanks Chris.

3 thoughts on “Teaching Well

1. This is great! I like the different perspectives from people and such awesome images – Google Applications are great to enable collaboration. I was wondering what the purpose for making this was? Is it going to be published, or added to?

2. Linda,

I was invited to be part of the Powerful Learning Practice cohort as an ‘expert voice’ and Darren invited participants to contribute to this collaborative project. I was in the UK at the time and joined in on my return to NZ. Not sure what Darren’s end publication plans were.

3. Loved it, Loved it.
    Powerful images…..
    Should be shared in every staffroom……..
    Makes me realise how underutilised Google apps are in our cluster….I need to get more “giggy with it” as Will Smith would say.
    Thanks for sharing Allanah, you make a difference every day!
    Cheers
    Paula