At the end of last year I asked my Year Four students to record their thoughts on an open Google Presentation
What were the five things that they wanted their new teacher in Year Five to know about them.
Here is the link to our blog with the embedded Google Presentation.
Have a flick through- the kids wrote some fun stuff.
All well and good. I was reading the class blog of new Twitter follower Hineata Blair from Hamilton East School this morning and was thrilled to see that she is intending to use that sort of idea with her class this year. She asked us what were the five things that you would like your teacher to know about you. I wanted to support what she has done for her children by leaving a comment so I wrote my answers as an adult learner to the people who might teach me in a classroom or lecture theatre.
This is what I wrote…
I want my teachers to know that….
- I want to be inspired to want to learn what they want to teach me.
- I want them to understand that I might not learn in the same way that they did when they went to school.
- I want them to know that I want to be connected to other learners, not just the ones in my classroom.
- I want them to know that I can show my learning in ways that aren’t writing and drawing a poster.
- I want them to give me time to play, learn and share things that I want to learn about.How would YOU answer?
Maybe this could be a meme. I am going to tag some people to write what their five things would be. As you write your answers could you share your thoughts in the comments or write your own post on your blog and link it back to this post. Try tagging five other people to do the same and we can see how big this post can get.
Please just leap in and add your thoughts about the way that YOU like to learn and tag others to do the same.