I have been thinking more about combining iPad apps to create content that can be shared on line.
To that end I am creating some tutorials around combining apps.
Today I am sharing creating a photo collage with Pic Collage and sharing it with Blogger.
With Pic Collage you can either take your own photos, get them from the Camera Roll or the web. You can also add text, stickers and a variety of different backgrounds.
- I had previously saved some photos to my iPad photos folder using Advanced Image Search and using free to use photos. To save a photo from the web just press and hold it.
- You can multiple select photos for your collage. Move them to where you want them.
- To set a photo as a background double tap it. Tap on an empty space to select one of their backgrounds.
- To delete a photo drag or flick the photos into the bin that appears at the top right hand side of the screen.
- Use the two finger pinch and spread and rotate to manipulate the photos to how and where you want them.
- To trim a photo double tap it and trace around the outside with your finger. Press DONE when you’re done.
- Tap anywhere in the background to add text.
- Look at the top left of the text box to edit font etc.
- Look to the bottom right hand corner arrow to export the finished collage to the Camera Roll.
Now you are ready to share your collages. Go to your Blogger app and log in.
- Blogger will ask you permission to access your photos. It will need to do that to access your Camera Roll.
- Click on the pencil at the bottom left corner to write your post. Add a title and some text and close the keyboard by clicking on the orange keyboard.
- Select your image by clicking on the photo icon on the bottom left of your screen.
- If you have labels on your blog remember to add it. Then click Publish. Go to Safari to see how the blog post looks!
Here is a paper version of this tutorial to download if you find it easier to work from that.