My Social Book

I feel that the time is right for me to join once more sharing on line. 2016 was a bit of a blur with a diagnosis of breast cancer, mastectomy, chemotherapy, radiation and working full time as a Learning with Digital technologies facilitator supporting schools from the Marlborough Sounds to the bottom of the West Coast. I put my energies into staying alive and getting the job done and there wasn’t a lot of room left over for anything else.

Throughout much of that time I used a daily photo blog cross posting to Facebook to keep my friends up with where I was and how I was. It proved to be really useful in keeping many of the people who care about me in the loop as to what was happening.

At the end of the year I saw an advertisement on Facebook for My Social Book– an old school version of your Facebook postings. I thought it would be a useful record of the year’s journey and as a useful example for schools who have a Facebook page to quickly put together a yearbook of their school’s happenings.

The book arrived yesterday and I was very pleased with it. All of the cross-posted and shared photos and comments were there. Cleverly the videos were captured with a title frame and a QR code to take you to the actual video if you scanned the QR code- a very cool blend of analogue and digital.

I have uploaded some photos of the book to give you an idea of what it looks like.

One thought on “My Social Book

1. Kia ora Allanah
    What a year 2016 was for you! I hope moving forward that your health challenges don’t take over. Looking forward to hearing more from you.
    Thanks for sharing your story.
    Nga mihi nui Donna Madden