Throughout the life of the Link Learning ICTPD Cluster I have written a number of resource websites for our cluster & to help me understand things better and thought it would be good to list and share them more widely.
- Getting Good With Google : support for working with Google- searching, Google Docs, Google Presentations, Google Reader for RSS, Picassa Web Albums, Google’s Blogger, images, Google Sites and more.
- Setting up a new iPad : This Google site contains hyperlinks to my favourite iPad apps and tips on setting up an iPad for the first time.
- Setting up a new Android Device: This Google site contains hyperlinks to my favourite Android apps that you might use at school.
- Cyber Safety : Charles Newton and I co-wrote this site after researching the ten most concerning aspects of surfing the web. It is followed by a page for resourcing a presentation to parents or schools.
- Wikis for Classroom Use : I made this to support a workshop I lead in Upper Hutt on the uses and construction of wikis.
- Developing a Personal Learning Network : This is the resource page for a workshop I lead at Learning at School 2012. We looked at Twitter, Blogging, developing an RSS feed, Google collaborative tools, Sharing your practice, Creative Commons and QR codes.
- Best Class Blog Posts: The Google site is used and a showcase of some of the best blog posts from around New Zealand.
- Navigating the VLN : (Virtual Learning Network) The VLN can be a bit of a minefield. This site will help you manage it and get the most from it.
- Digital Storytelling : This site helps support Digital Storytelling across our cluster as we head towards the MADE Awards it the end of Term Three.
- Digital Citizen Ship : I am building a resource to support Digital Citizenship and the use of Creative Commons.
- QR Code Presentation for the K12 On Line Conference : This year I presented a ten minute video presentation for the K12 On Line Conference. The resource can be sourced here.
- Bling4yrBlog : This is a blog I wrote to support people who use Blogger to blog with their classes. It contains tutorials on how to add functionality to your blog.
- How to podcast wiki : This wiki will give you lots of resources and examples around the how and why podcasting is such a powerful tool for teachers and learners.