Where are you?

While at the ULearn08 dinner I thought of organising a flash mob doing the Dancing Man before the Friday morning keynote and had it pretty much sorted before realising that there wasn’t a keynote on Friday morning. Doh!

So after that rather lame attempt Jane and I had the idea of us all creating one with our classes and I’ll collate it into a Twitter’s dancing video!

Here’s the link to higher quality downloadable video if you like. The video from there is much higher quality than the YouTube one- good for showing the whole class.

So here’s the thing- can you make a 20 second video of yourself and your class dancing and email it to me for putting together! I will strip your audio and put one sound track over it. Send it to moturoa@gmail.com

We have a dozen videos so far from all over the place. It would only take a minute or two to go outside- or inside- to film it and the kids really look like they’re enjoying themselves- and the teachers too!

The final date for emailing the videos is 7 November. You have one week to go people before you get to see the finished global collaborative dance video!

6 thoughts on “Where are you?

1. Great, fun idea. I had thought of ECE centres doing something similar, perhaps singing to a well known song to encourage teachers and children worldwide to do something similar and post their version.

2. My class and I are keen to be a part of this video. We tried it out but our camera quality wasn’t good enough. When do you want the video footage?? We’ll let our whole cluster know if there is still time.

3. Pingback: Life is not a race to be first finished » Blog Archive » Collaborative Dance Video