QR Codes #5 Book Trailers

I have had a couple of ideas percolating for this week’s QR Code post.

I follow Australian educator Anne Mirtschin with my RSS on her blog and on Twitter. She has been doing some great collaborative work with her students to create and share book trailers.

Georgia, one of her students, created a movie trailer for the Jackie French book, ‘A Rose for the ANZAC Boys.

Georgia has done a fabulous job of it and has embedded the trailer on the Global Storytelling wiki.

My thought would be to put a QR code on the book that would link to the book trailer.

Prospective readers could scan the code, view Georgia’s book trailer and be hooked into reading the book.

It would be fun to make your own movie trailers for favourite books in your own library to view on your iPod Touch or iPad.

5 thoughts on “QR Codes #5 Book Trailers

1. Alannah, I love this idea. Thanks for sharing it with us. I showed Georgia what you had done and she was thrilled. It is even more special as this book is sentimental to both our countries and here you are sharing your knowledge and applications with us in Australia.
    We are going to do what you have with all the student book trailers. Have spoken to our librarian and we have worked out our strategies. All our students have netbooks, so I need to find a qr reader for them.

2. Love this idea and also thanks for the QR reader for a notebook. Don’t have a smartphone yet, that’s my project for when I have a teaching job.

3. Pingback: Life is not a race to be first finished » Blog Archive » QR Codes #5 Book Trailers | Socialart | Scoop.it